HARTerra Spatial Solutions Ltd. is based out of Castlegar, BC. We work with clients in the Kootenay and Okanagan, providing GIS services for utilities, local government, the resource sector and related industries. If you are a GIS tech nerd and are looking for new opportunities, we want to talk to you.
Located between Nelson and Trail at the confluence of the Kootenay and Columbia rivers, Castlegar is 25 minutes to Trail and 35 minutes to Nelson with public transit joining all three communities. No need to book extra days off to travel for your annual ski trip – Whitewater and Red Mountain resorts are both within an hour’s drive. Camping, cross-country skiing, mountain biking and fishing opportunities are locally abundant and minutes away.
Interested in applying? Submit a resume along with cover letter to email@example.com by the closing date and time. We thank everyone for reaching out to us however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for follow-up.
Part-time Administrative/Bookkeeping Assistant
HARTerra Spatial Solutions Ltd. is seeking a part-time person (2 to 3 days per week) to support our technology company in Castlegar. This position reports directly to the owner of HARTerra and supports client projects and HARTerra business activities by providing administrative, bookkeeping, marketing/sales and project assistance support. The right candidate will have a good understanding of tech industries – ideally, geographic information systems (GIS) – be energetic, enjoy supporting a positive environment and be able to think out-of-the-box and problem solve. The job duties include:
• Record keeping, including electronic and paper records filing on the corporate computer network and project websites.
• Basic bookkeeping for a small business including invoicing, reconciling account payable and receivable, coordinating regular remittances (GST, WCB, Corporate Tax and Payroll deduction) and supporting monthly financial reporting
• Support corporate accounting firm in regular payroll and year-end financials and tax preparation
• Support client and internal project communications, documentation, meeting coordination and scheduling, preparation of meeting materials including agendas, notes, minutes and presentations.
• Support client project planning and development of proposal responses.
• Work with owners, employees and subcontractors to ensure timely, professional and quality work for client projects.
• Support marketing and sales in conjunction with the owners.
• Supporting organization of corporate activities and events.
• Support website maintenance and development of content.
• Other duties to support operations and client projects as required.
Our non-traditional, flexible office environment is appreciated by the people who work here. When you come to our office you might be greeted by one of our canine office mascots. It is not uncommon to find us heading over to the pub for a Friday lunch-time get-together. We look forward to our annual camping trips with employees and their families at one of the local provincial parks. Our door is always open to our clients and family and friends. We are collaborative and supportive of each other, our clients, sub-contractors and competition.
If this sounds good, please get in touch with us! Below is an obligatory list of skills and experience including those that every job description must have… The ideal candidate will have the following skills, abilities and experience:
• Understanding of general accounting practices and procedures.
• Above average computer skills including basic office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Knowledge of Sage or other accounting software.
• Experience with various business databases applications and software.
• Graphic design abilities for professional documents and presentations
• Ability and desire to learn and adapt to new technology.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deliverables.
• Understanding of project management concepts and principles.
• Attention to detail and professionalism.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
For more information, please send a resume or link with your experience and background to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified candidates currently residing in Canada will be considered for this position and only those short listed will be contacted for an interview. Lesser qualified individuals who demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm may be considered.
Posting closes on September 21, 2019